Simple decoupage technique and painted wood storage bin
Memory doesn’t have to be boring! I used bright colors, paper and decoupage to the wood storage area – and now I’m saving my books in style.
; d all love to have its place, and if it did, I’m totally convinced that I will be able to be more effective in my craft . . . the creativity would churn out faster, because I would know exactly what I have. A girl can dream, can’t you? Here are the instructions for the wood-camp, #328.
Decorate a wood-storage bin
they Collect Supplies
FolkArt acrylic paint – Bright Baby Pink, turquoise, Yellow Citron
Mod smorgasbord of Satin
2" wood balls – 4
in my mind's eye Scrapbook paper, 4 sheets, 2 each of 2 designs
turquoise-tape – 1 roll
paper flowers – 4 coordination (I used Prima)
Pink buttons – 2
1" Flat brush
Craft knife and Mat
1. I always keep track of the forms for my first finished project. Why? Because if pencil marks get on my surface, then I can paint over them. Start by tracking one side of the ton, on the four sheets of paper. Aside these blades –they will cut, while the paint dries on your project.
2. If you haven't noticed, I color blocking the image. In the storage bin, color interior turquoise, two pages of Yellow Citron and on both sides of the Bright Baby Pink. Paint the bottom whatever color you want – I painted it turquoise. You have to paint several coats in all colors. Let dry.
3. During the am dries, paint the wood balls turquoise. Let dry.
4. Now you are going to have the paper cut. Measure about 1/8" inside your trace line on all four pieces from step 1 and cut them down with the cutter.
5. When your bin is dry, keep these four pieces to the sides with the Mod-hodgepodge. Work one side at a time. Completely smooth out all air bubbles and allow to dryleave on for 15 to 20 minutes.br />
6. Coat the entire container with at least two layers of Mod-hodgepodge. Coat the inside and the wooden balls as well. Dry completelylet.br />
7. Glue the wood balls to the four corners of the bottom with the craft glue. Let dry.
8. You cut the tape to two opposite sides, as you can see on the photo. Apart starting with one side and glue the pieces down with craft glue, about 1/2″. Glue some paper flowers down in the center and add to a stop button. Allow this side to dry before turning am on and do the same on the other side.
9. Allow the storage bin to dry for at least 24 hours prior to use.