Glitter coasters to Impress your guests
To help this DIY glitter coasters, your guests or family members keep their drinks directly – no more guessing whose drink is whose.
These sparkly DIY coasters have this type of perseverance – what I love! To see it’s difficult, as it is used for the Christmas cocoa, new year's eve cocktails and Valentine’ hot;s treated. Of course, if glitter is your jam, this could make a great year round coasters also.
By giving each coaster a different color, you can help your guests or family members keep their drinks directly – no more guessing whose drink is whose. The other thing I love about these coasters is that they are EASY. Ready to get started? Let’s do it!
DIY Glitter coasters
cork trivets (mine are from IKEA)
Mod hodgepodge formula
Glitter Glitter (any kind will do, to catch although Martha Stewart Glitter
paper, the gloss
Mod hodgepodge of Dishwasher-safe formula
1. To create the pattern, tape a pattern on your coasters. I was taping three widths of masking tape-horizontal stripe on the lower half of the roller coaster.
2. Brush on the Mod-hodgepodge. I used the Glitter formula for this part, as I like how it interacts with the glitter.
3. Sprinkle glitter on the Mod Podged areas. Dump the excess glitter onto a piece of paper back into the glass.
4. You peel the tape. You’ll want to way to do this right, so that the Mod-hodgepodge doesn’t bond to the tape and then peel the pieces of your project later, when it's dry. Set aside your coasters to dry.
5. Prevent you from potting to seal all over your house by brushing a layer of Mod smorgasbord on the Shine. I used the Glitter formula, but you could the dishwasher safe formula, if you just want a simple appearance.
fixed formula, more water and temperature resistant than standard Mod hodgepodge of formulas, which is why I like it for roller coasters. If you like the Sparkle formula, like I did, go back over it with a coat of dishwasher safe formula after the spray coat is dry. Let it dry for at least a whole day before using.
I hope you enjoy my short little glitter coasters tutorial! Please come and visit me on Creative Green Living for more simple crafts, recipes, DIY renovations, and easy ways to eco-friendly decisions in your daily life.
I even have a whole category of Mod-patchwork and decoupage projects! We also have a Facebook community group for the exchange of ideas and questions. To see I’d love it!