DIY Valentine's day paper mache house
Add some love to your holiday decor with this DIY Valentine’s day paper mache house! Age with all sorts of lovely embellishments.
Hello, Mod hodgepodge of fans! My name is Jill Cornell, and I am very Valentine is excited to share a DIY ' s Day paper-mache house with you today.
Every so often, when I'm out and about shopping at my local craft stores, something will catch my eye that is begging to be changed. I don't always get immediately (as was the case for this sweet little paper mache house I brought home with me some time ago).
I was in the mood to create something, to change the lovey-dovey, and this little house came out of my stash of items and the XOXO collection by American Crafts. Here’s how I made these DIY Valentine’s day craft.
Collect These Supplies
Mod hodgepodge Matt
Mod hodgepodge Dimensional Magic
American Crafts XOXO collection patterned paper, die-cuts, stickers, ribbon
Maya Road stick pins
Stampendous shaved ice glitter
1) Dry brush the house with pink color. You use to keep track of a cutter knife and measure the roof and cut pieces of patterned paper (I have the 6×6 paper pad from the collection, since the scale size of the pattern worked the best for a small project like this).
mask to apply Mod smorgasbord on the back of the paper and adhere to house. Seal with a layer of Mod smorgasbord and let it dry.
2) Use it to keep track of a cutter knife, and then measure the house and cut pieces of patterned paper. Apply matte Mod smorgasbord on the back of the paper and adhere to house. Seal with a layer of Mod smorgasbord and let it dry.
3) start the equipment in the house – hot glue pom pom trim to the roof.
4) Wrap the house with two different styles of tape and ribbon into bows. Glue the flower in the centre of the arches. Press stick pins through the edge of the "All you need is love" tag and paste it in flowers and bows.
5) Apply Mod hodgepodge of Dimensional Magic on the painted part of the roof and sprinkle with shaved ice glitter. Let dry.
6) Keep heart die-cut on a fireplace-and the loopy border sticker (as smoke) to the chimney. The clouds are die-cut hold-to the roof.
A sweet little peace-joy-egg cake-house! Just an idea, the roof of the house is coming – what a great place to leave, a Declaration of love! Happy Valentine's Day!
Please visit me on my blog Scrapper, as well as on Facebook and Pinterest!